The Venture Scouting Engagement typically follows these steps:
- We begin by listening to you in order to understand your investment objectives.
- We then profile the investment targets you are seeking, as well as your own business. This allows us to understand what will constitute a good match between the two.
- We next engage in the scouting research to identify, evaluate, and ultimately short list a set of prospective new business ventures for your consideration.
Venture scouting often involves some amount of field work, taking us to various events and destinations around the world, including conferences, industry trade shows, and specific company sites.
- When finished, we prepare for you a formal Venture Scouting Report detailing each of the prospective new ventures we have identified, and outlining our recommendations for potential best fits in light of anticipated future market trends.
- We then travel to your office and present these investment opportunities to your leadership team. We can also lead workshops with any of your staff to help disseminate an understanding of the investment opportunities wherever needed.
- As desired, we can provide additional assistance in helping your organization take the next steps toward these investments, such as in conducting due diligence on any of the ventures, structuring term sheets with them, and so forth.