The Market Scouting Engagement typically follows these steps:
- We begin by listening to you so as to understand your market scouting objectives.
- We next profile your company and its technology portfolio so as to understand what will constitute a good fit.
- We then conduct focused market scouting work around adjacent and distant markets, including the key customers associated with these markets. We attempt to accurately capture the unmet (and potentially unstated) needs in each of these markets (their "pain points"), which your technologies may be able to address in ways that currently-offered technologies and products do not.
Market scouting often involves some amount of field work, taking us to various events and destinations around the world, including conferences, industry trade shows, and specific company sites.
The baseline version of this work is qualitative in nature. If quantitative insights are also desired, additional market research can be paired with the scouting work to develop those.
- When finished, we prepare for you a formal Market Scouting Report outlining all of our key findings around potential new market opportunities.
- We then travel to your office and present the new market opportunities to your leadership team. We can also lead workshops with any of your staff to help disseminate an understanding of these opportunities wherever needed.
- As desired, we can provide additional assistance in helping your organization take the next steps toward these opportunities, such as in defining new product platforms and new go-to-market strategies.