The Open Innovation Engagement typically follows these steps:
- We begin by listening to you so as to understand your goals for using Open Innovation, and to understand the specific business challenges where it is believed that OI will benefit your organization.
- We then explain the processes involved in engaging the various Open Innovation communities, along with the implications of using OI and how to manage its unique challenges.
- Ultimately, we help you determine whether or not Open Innovation is a good path for your business and, if so, we then connect you with the right resources to make it happen.
- As desired, we can coach you through the organizational challenges you will encounter when using OI and how best to address each challenge, as well as how to, in general, begin shifting your organization's culture and thinking toward one that is more open and receptive to OI. This will be necessary if you intend to use Open Innovation on an ongoing basis.
- As needed, we can provide custom training and workshops around Open Innovation so as to build an understanding and acceptance of it within the business.
- If desired, we can remain engaged with you to help oversee the OI initiative, and to coach you along the way so as to ensure it remains on track and does not get derailed by undesirable and inappropriate influences.