The Portfolio Management & Phase–Gate Engagement typically follows these steps:
- We begin by listening to you so as to understand your objectives for, and current approaches to, portfolio management and phase–gate pipeline management.
- We next work with you to evaluate your current practices and whatever shortcomings or challenges you may be encountering around those. This often involves plugging into some of your activities and making first-hand observations.
- We then make recommendations on how to improve these practices in a way that makes the most sense for your business, so that your efforts can be most effective and productive. We document these recommendations in a Portfolio Management or Phase–Gate Management Practice Guide. If desired, we can present these recommendations to your organization in a workshop format.
- If desired, we can custom design a completely new phase–gate process for your business, including the fully detailed requirements and documents needed to carry out the process.
- As needed, we can deliver custom training and workshops around portfolio management and/or phase–gate pipeline management so as to build awareness and understanding of it within the business. It is not uncommon for this to be a part of a new implementation effort.
- If desired, we can help you implement the Nupe portfolio management / phase–gate software.
Alternatively, we can make recommendation for other software systems if Nupe is not the best fit your organization.
- If desired, we can remain engaged with you to help oversee the portfolio management and phase–gate management efforts, and to coach you along the way so as to ensure these remain on track and do not get derailed by unforeseen circumstances.
- If desired, we can also work with your business' leadership to strategically align your portfolios to the company's broader business and innovation strategies. See our Portfolio Alignment service for more on this.